The Port Committee is a collective body which consists of the president Representative of Port Authority (who is head of the committee), the harbour master (vice president), representatives of the Finance Ministry, the Ministry of Public Works, the regional and provincial governing authorities, the city council, port business categories, and port employees’ unions.
Composition of the Port Committee
Name and surname Representatives on behalf of
Antonio Basile President Port Authority
Arturo Faraone Harbour Master – Naval Director – Vice President
Guglielmo Cassone Harbour Master of the port of Castellammare di Stabia
Renato Aragno Ministry of Finance
Luigi Taglialatela Ministry of Infrastructure and Navigation
Vincenzo de Luca President Regional council of Campania
Luigi de Magistris Mayor of the Provincial City of Naples
Luigi de Magistris Mayor – Naples City Council
Claudio Vaccaro Mayor of Castellammare di Stabia City Council
Maria Salerno President Naples Chamber of Commerce
Raffaele Aiello Representative of Shipping companies
Ambrogio Prezioso President of Industrialists
Antonio Campolattano Representative of FF.SS. companies
Pasquale Legora De Feo Representative of Entrepreneurs
Domenico de Crescenzo Representative of Shipping Agents
Andrea Mastellon Representative of Freight Agents
Fabrizio Bouchè Representative of Haulage Contractors
Giuseppe Bracale Employees’ representative
Raffaele Frenna Employees’ representative
Filippo Salvatore Employees’ representative
Erasmo De Blasio Employees’ representative
Ugo Milone Employees’ representative
Vita Convertino Employees’ representative A.P.
Competence of the Port Committee
- it approves the three year plan, following the proposal of the president, within ninety days of taking office; the plan is subject to annual review regarding the development strategies of port activities and the work designed to censure the fulfilment of pre-established objectives;
- it adopts the regulatory plan of the port;
- it approves the annual report on promotional, organisational and operational activities of the port, regarding the running of services of general interest and the maintenance of the port areas of ordinary everyday use as well as the running of the areas and property of state maritime property that comes under the jurisdiction of the Port Authority; the report is to be sent by April 30 of the following year to the Ministry of Transport and Navigation
- it approves the budget, obligatorily either in balance or in surplus, accounts for variations and the final balance;
- it deliberates the concessions in accordance with article 6, paragraph 5;
- expresses the opinions in accordance with article 8, paragraph 3, points h) and i);
- it deliberates, following the proposal of the president, the authorisations and concessions in accordance with articles 16 and 18 of a duration of over four years, assessing the fees according to the provisions contained in the decrees of the Minister of Transport and Navigation in accordance with paragraph 4 of it deliberates, following the proposal of the president, article 16 and paragraphs 1 and 3 of article 18;
- it deliberates, following the proposal of the president, the appointment and eventual annulment of an appointment of the Secretary General;
- it deliberates, following the proposal of the president, and after consultation with the Secretary General, the staff of the technical and operational secretarial office in accordance with article 10, enclosing an illustrative report of the needs justifying it;
- it deliberates the acceptance of the contractual agreements regarding the staff of the technical and operational secretarial office in accordance with article 10;
- it deliberates the substitutive agreements in accordance with article18, paragraph 4;
- it promotes and monitors the implementation of the measures in accordance with article 23;
- it deliberates, following the proposal of the president, the regulations of accounting, to be sent to the ministry of transport and Navigation; (cf.: art. 8 b, paragraph 1, point h), law February 27 1998, no. 30).
- it deliberates, following the proposal of the president, the participation of the Port Authority in the companies in accordance with art. 6, para. 6; (cf.: art. 8 b, paragraph 1, point h), law February 27 1998, no. 30).
The Port Committee, following convocation by the president, normally meets once a month and each session requires the attendance of a third of its members. For the committee sessions to be valid there must be half plus one of the members who are present on first convocation and a third of the members on the second convocation. The resolutions must be passed by a majority of those present. The Committee adopts regulations to control the execution of its activities.
With the exception of the provisions for the approval of the port regulatory plan, the resolution s of the Port Committee, adopted with a vote in favour of the representatives of the relevant public authorities, in accordance with the legislation in force, being granted the right to negotiate agreements, accords and accept expert advice regarding the aforesaid resolutions, take account of the above-mentioned acts.